The Hon Michael McCormack MP
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance
- New Technology and Upgrades to Modernise Brisbane, Melbourne and Cairns Airports
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance Michael McCormack today referred air traffic control and facilities upgrades at Brisbane, Melbourne and Cairns airports to the Joint Parliamentary Committee on Public Works for review. (19/8/2015)
- Facilities Upgrades at Defence Sites
Parliamentary Secretary for Defence, Darren Chester, today announced that the $348 million, Growler Airborne Electronic Attack Capability Facilities Project had been referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Works. (19/8/2015)
- Critical infrastructure upgrades for HMAS Stirling
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Defence, Darren Chester, today announced that the $367 million HMAS Stirling Redevelopment Stage 3A Project had been referred to the Parliamentary Standing Committee on Public Works. (19/8/2015)
- Cox Peninsula Remediation Project Receives Green Light
The Minister for Indigenous Affairs, Senator the Hon Nigel Scullion, and the Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance, the Hon Michael McCormack MP, welcomed Parliament’s approval of the $31.5 million Cox Peninsula Remediation Project. (23/6/2015)
- Transfer of the Lady Gowrie Child Care Centre to the Gowrie (Qld) Incorporated
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance, the Hon Michael McCormack MP and Federal Member for Brisbane, the Hon Teresa Gambaro MP, were pleased to announce today the transfer of the freehold interest of the Lady Gowrie Child Care Centre to The Gowrie (QLD) Incorporated at an official handover of the title to The Gowrie CEO Jane Bourne. (11/6/2015)
- Transcript - Interview – Chris Hammer, Breaking Politics, SMH
2015 Budget, The Nationals, leadership (15/5/2015)
- Getting Best Value From Commonwealth Properties
The Government continues to ensure that the Commonwealth's property portfolio is appropriate to its expected needs and maximises value for taxpayers. (11/5/2015)
- 48th Asian Development Bank Annual Meeting
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance, the Hon Michael McCormack MP, will travel to Baku, Azerbaijan to represent Australia at the 48th Annual Meeting of the Asian Development Bank (ADB) Board of Governors being held from 2-5 May 2015. (30/4/2015)
- Divestment of property at Mt Macedon
Parliamentary Secretary to Minister for Finance, the Hon Michael McCormack MP, confirmed today that the Australian Government will move to sell the property at Mt Macedon, Victoria when the Australian Emergency Management Institute moves to a virtual model on 1 July 2015. (17/4/2015)
- Commonwealth Entities Demonstrate Excellence in Risk Management
The annual Comcover Awards for Excellence in Risk Management were held in Canberra this week, recognising the outstanding achievements of Commonwealth public sector entities in risk management. (17/4/2015)
- Speech – Excellence and leadership in Risk Management
Comcover Awards for Excellence in Risk Management 2014. (16/4/2015)
- Speech – Opening Address Rural Councils Victoria Summit:
A Federal Perspective
Standing out from the flock: is difference the key to success in rural communities? (16/4/2015)
- Government Progresses Its Property Divestment Program
The Government remains committed to realising the value of Commonwealth property through its property divestment program. (13/2/2015)
- G20 Finance Ministers Meeting
From 9-10 February, Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance, the Hon Michael McCormack MP, will represent the Treasurer, the Hon Joe Hockey MP, at the G20 Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors Meeting in Istanbul, Turkey. (6/2/2015)
- Speech – Risk Management Institution of Australasia – A sharper focus (2/10/2014)
A Sharper Focus: The new approach to managing risk in the Commonwealth, 2014 Conference of the Risk Management Institution of Australasia
- Online agriculture tools for schools announced in Riverina (3/7/2014)
Minister for Education the Hon Christopher Pyne MP and the Federal Member for Riverina, the Hon Michael McCormack MP will meet today to talk about the Government’s education reforms and announce $2 million to develop online agriculture education tools for schools.
- Speech - Breaking New Ground: Innovation in Commonwealth public sector
insurance and risk management (2/7/2014)
Key note speech at the official launch of
the Commonwealth Risk Management Policy and
Comcover’s integrated service delivery model.
- Commonwealth Risk Management Policy (2/7/2014)
The Government has today launched the first whole-of-Government policy for the management of risk.
- Transcript – ABC News 24 – Capital Hill with Lyndal Curtis (29/5/2014)
Nationals' MP Michael McCormack is the Parliamentary Secretary to the Finance Minister and he joins me now. Mr McCormack, welcome to News24.
- Speech - Appropriation Bills (13/5/2014)
Appropriation Bill (No. 2) 2014-2015, along with Appropriation Bill (No. 1) 2014-2015, which was introduced earlier, and Appropriation (Parliamentary Departments) Bill (No. 1) 2014-2015, are the budget appropriation bills for the 2014-15 financial year.
- Realising the Value of Surplus Commonwealth Property (13/5/2014)
The Abbott Government will undertake a property divestment programme to realise the value of surplus Commonwealth property.
- Speech - Post Entry Quarantine (13/5/2014)
It is a pleasure to be here today with my friend and colleague Barnaby Joyce, the Minister for Agriculture and Deputy Leader of The Nationals, to mark the start of work on this important project.
- The first sod has turned on Australia's future Post Entry Quarantine (1/5/2014)
Work to build Australia’s new Post Entry Quarantine (PEQ) facility at a 144 hectare site in Mickleham, Victoria, started today.
- Speech - Appropriation Bills (18/03/2014)
Today, the government introduces the additional estimates appropriation bills.
- $3.9 Million school facilities opened (7/03/2014)
Students and staff at St Francis de Sales Regional College in Leeton today celebrated the opening of their Library and Collaborative Learning Space that were built with the help of more than $2.5 million in Australian Government funding.
- Providers appointed for the delivery of Comcover Member Services (24/01/2014)
Parliamentary Secretary to the Minister for Finance, Michael McCormack, today announced that the Comcover Member Services contracts have been awarded to two consortiums led by Gallagher Bassett Services Pty Ltd and Major Training Services Pty Ltd.
Back to top